Functional Movement Screen
Are you experiencing pain or discomfort during your daily activities or workouts? Are you feeling limited in your movement and not sure why? It may be time for a functional movement assessment at Neuromuscular Strategies Physical Therapy in Boulder, Colorado.
A functional movement assessment, also known as the Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA), is used to identify specific movement limitations that are causing you pain. Our team of expert physical therapists will use this detailed assessment to find which movement patterns are dysfunctional in your body and help determine the root cause of your pain.
But why should you get a functional movement assessment? For starters, it can help prevent injuries. By identifying movement dysfunctions, we can address them before they lead to an injury. It can also improve your overall performance and function. By addressing and correcting movement dysfunctions, you’ll be able to move more efficiently and effectively, whether during a workout or just completing everyday tasks.
A functional movement assessment is a valuable tool for identifying movement dysfunctions that may be causing pain or discomfort. It can help prevent injuries, improve overall performance and function, and create an individualized plan for addressing any issues.
A functional movement assessment, also known as the Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA), is a detailed assessment used to identify specific movement limitations that are causing pain or discomfort. The assessment is performed by a physical therapist and typically consists of a series of movements and tests that assess the patient’s ability to perform functional tasks such as squatting, lunging, and reaching.
The main feature of a functional movement assessment is its ability to identify movement dysfunctions that may be causing pain or discomfort. These dysfunctions can be caused by muscle imbalances, poor posture, or previous injuries. By identifying these dysfunctions, the physical therapist can create an individualized plan to address them and help the patient achieve their goals.
Who should get an SFMA?
Anyone experiencing pain or limitations in movement can benefit from an SFMA. It’s perfect for athletes, those who have been through surgery, have a history of injuries or even for those who just want to improve their overall performance. It’s also great for people who have chronic pain, chronic conditions, or just looking to improve their overall health and wellness. It can help identify movement dysfunctions that may be contributing to pain or limitations in movement and develop a treatment plan to improve overall function.
n conclusion, the SFMA is a valuable tool in the physical therapy process. It can help identify specific movement dysfunctions that may contribute to pain and movement limitations. By identifying these issues, physical therapists can create an individualized treatment plan to address the root cause of pain and improve overall function. Whether you’re an athlete, have a history of injuries, or just looking to improve your overall health and wellness, an SFMA can be beneficial for you.
By identifying these issues, our physical therapists at Neuromuscular Strategies in Boulder, Colorado can create an individualized treatment plan to address the root cause of pain and improve overall function.
So, don’t let aches and pains hold you back from enjoying your passion. Whether you’re dealing with shoulder pain from too much casting, or lower back pain from hauling in that big catch, our team at Neuromuscular Strategies is here to help.
Call us today to schedule your SFMA assessment and let us help you reel in the cause of your pain. With our expert team and state-of-the-art facilities, we’ll have you back and feeling great in no time!
One of the main benefits of a functional movement assessment is its ability to prevent injuries. By identifying movement dysfunctions, the physical therapist can address them before they lead to an injury. It can also improve overall performance and function. By addressing and correcting movement dysfunctions, patients can move more efficiently and effectively, whether that’s during a workout or just completing everyday tasks.
Additionally, a functional movement assessment can also be helpful for athletes who are looking to improve their performance. By identifying and correcting movement dysfunctions, athletes can perform at their best and avoid injuries.
Mike Kohm PT is certified in the FMS system.
The Functional Movement Screen can be implemented in a wide variety of ways as a movement screen to find core weaknesses, muscular imbalance and movement asymmetries. The screen allows both the participant and the evaluator to focus on improving your weak movement links. To learn more about the movement screen go to the following link.
The FMS system is utilized by a wide variety of professional and collegiate sports team, the military, and employers to identify and improve movement systems.
FMS is offered in our Boulder and Denver Physical Therapy offices.
Learn more about how teams utilize the movement screen.
- The Functional Movement Screen (FMS) is a series of 7 movement tests that assess fundamental movement patterns in the body. It is designed to identify limitations and asymmetries in these patterns that may increase the risk of injury or limit performance.
- The FMS is used by physical therapists, personal trainers, coaches, and other health professionals to identify areas of weakness and create an individualized plan for improvement.
- The FMS is also used by many professional sports teams and organizations to screen their athletes for potential movement dysfunctions and risk of injury.
- Neuromuscular Strategies in Boulder, Colorado, is a great fit for those looking to get a FMS assessment because they have a team of expert physical therapists who are highly trained in the FMS. The physical therapists will work with the patient to identify movement dysfunctions and create an individualized plan to address them.
- The FMS at Neuromuscular Strategies is one of the most widely used and well-established systems for evaluating functional movement patterns in the body. With the assessment, the physical therapist can identify the root cause of pain and create a plan to improve your movements, mobility, and overall physical performance.
- At Neuromuscular Strategies, the FMS assessment is used to identify and correct movement dysfunctions, which can help prevent injuries, improve overall function, and increase the patient’s ability to achieve their goals. With a focus on the patient’s needs, the team at Neuromuscular Strategies is dedicated to providing the best care possible.
- Neuromuscular Strategies offers a unique approach to physical therapy, where clients are empowered to work on their own rehabilitation through the use of FMS assessment. This allows clients to take an active role in their own recovery, which ultimately leads to better outcomes.